CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Panalipdan Youth


Last April 19-22 together with my comrades in the College of Education, Had a conquest in Tantangan, Libas, South Cotabato, In Surmions Farm resort. We are to attend a seminar concerning the environmental issues here in the region and the restoration and protection of patrimony of our heritage.
The seminar was facilitated by a Non-government unit called Panalipdan Youth, Headed and financed by a rich OFW in the state. They are composed of various youths with advocacies that sparked my interests, They condemn corruption and the plunder of foreign investors to our national wealth, And so i was encouraged to be hand in hand with them, fighting for the right.
I see no wrong in their doings and upon joining this group, for Rizal himself is an activists for a noble cause.
I learned many things in the seminar, I saw the painful truth illustrated on graphs, how corruption holds us in a suffocating grip, how the government allows foreign mining industries in our lands, spewing poison that became of our peoples demise, trees of our virgin forests brought single handedly by metal beasts. they the witness of our heroes martyrdom and sacrifices, together with them, our mountains died.
I hope its not yet to late to avoid this mess, i want my children to see our lands still hospitable with its rich resources, with this group, I will fight using this pen. for the change.

0 comments: