CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Babae sa breakwater


When the title crossed my senses,( I was high school back then, active and kicking, reading the daily newspaper and getting insights about the world ) i got stereotyped impressions about this Filipino Movie, I thought this was just another cheap rated-r and nonsense movie, so i did not dare watch it.

5 years later...

Me and my classmates planned have a film-viewing gimmick, so without my intercession, they've rented it "Babae sa breakwater" i couldn't even believe it, i was disgusted.

1 1/2 hours later

I ate all my resentment and pride, it really wrong to judge a movie without first seeing it and I'm ashamed of myself that time and at the same time was amazed about the Movie.

A real cinematic gem

As the quality of Filipino movies deteriorate, there are still those few who can pass my standards, the educated viewers standards. This movie exposes the societal realities of Manila, the poor folks, vagabonds and beggars of the breakwater, the daily scenarios there in every day. This movie was successful in conveying the true colors of the real happenings, the odd realities of beggarship. Together with its most creative direction (a brilliant mind), it
surpassed the standards of a Filipino movie, with twists and turns in the storyline from the start to the end. With magnificent actors who love their arts and sacrificed in the movie
( did professional job) for the sake of bringing quality cinema. With the Lead actress, i cant say anything about her, but she really deserves the awards, the movie deserves awards.

PLOT

0 comments: